Why Choose NorthStar?
NorthStar has a long and successful history of working closely with employers to recruit and retain employees with a disability. Our experienced Employment Consultants are specialised in working with employers to match the right person to the job! We work hard to make sure our job seekers are ‘work ready’ through training and skills development programs. Key to the way NorthStar works with employers is our commitment to ongoing support when hiring someone with a disability for as long as it is required.
NorthStar offers a range of Employer Services free of charge.
We can help you with:
- Recruitment Services
- Government funded incentives and assistance
- Post Placement Support
- Benefits of hiring someone with a disability
NorthStar can save you time and money by:
- meeting with you at your workplace to discuss and identify your staffing needs.
- assisting with job design for employees with a disability
- pre-screening all job seekers against your job description and criteria, shortlisting candidates and referring suitable candidates for consideration
- identifying and helping employers access workplace modifications and assistive technologies if required
- supporting new employees with induction and training
- offering you one point of contact to help streamline this process.
Government funded incentives and assistance
NorthStar can help employers access a range of financial support and incentives. These include:
- Government subsidisies for eligible job seekers
- Employer Assistance Fund
- Supported Wage System
Post Placement Support
NorthStar provides specialist Post Placement Support to both you and your new employee to maximise the success of the job placement. This support is at no cost to the employer and includes:
- on-the-job training support to ensure new employees with disability settle into their job
- disability information and awareness training for employers and staff
- ongoing support as long as required for employers and employees who require support to maintain employment
Benefits of hiring someone with a disability
There are significant benefits when employing someone with a disability not only for the individual but also the community you do business with. NorthStar can help your business access an untapped source of potential employees that often have better attendance and safety records, higher retention rates, and who have a positive effect in the workplace.